Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

737 years after the fall of Ozai, and the world is once again on the brink of collapse. Sudden, random rebellions supported by unknown parties have sprung up across all nations. With the next Avatar undiscovered, the world's hope begins to crumble.

HomeAvatarMemberlistRegisterLog in
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Latest topics
» around tengu town,
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Daddy

» run with a general
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 pm by Daddy

» Rising from the Ashes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm by Loolaalee

» Fleeing to Kyoshi Island [Open]
Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:13 pm by River

» Terrae Motus of House Callidum
Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:42 pm by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

» Wep'keer, City of the Oina (Bailey and Kouzai)
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:42 am by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

» Hinata Himawari
Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:05 pm by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

» Well then
Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:49 pm by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

» Your Nation Needs You! | Battle of Ba Sing Se | Lord Magmaros | [[MYTHIC]]
Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:44 pm by Bailey The Flamewarden

Staff

-Head Admin-
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Bailey the Flamewarden
Niya the Flamewarden
Tenka Musou Wolfie
Massie

-Head Moderator-
Sara the Flamewarden

-Moderators-
Lyssa the Flamewarden
Stephy the Flamewarden

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
737 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 737 AO (After Ozai)

Royalty
Earth King: Hui Peng
Vermilion Emperor: Eldunar Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
King of the North and South: Castiel Leiheng
Queen of Four Winds: May Lin Dao
Light King: John Itaruki
Dark Lord: Saruyoshi Shinjuku

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai (4654)

LadyKura (1292)

Loolaalee (1254)

Bailey The Flamewarden (956)

Leosan (879)

Maki Shadowblade (820)

Tsumi Buredo (698)

Earth King Lu (687)

River (641)

Daddy (615)

Share | 

Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:57 am

((OOC: How the hell is Laura going to survive as the queen of the tribe? O__o She'd fit better for the Fire or Earth Kingdom.))

| Prince Castiel |

Castiel laughed. It was a deep, heartfelt thing. "I do frequent the tribe," he explained. "Or at least I did. My people know me quite well, and I've been everywhere at least once. However, with the war I've been much busier. My father is a perfectionist, and he has me tucked in extremely close." He turned around and peered meaningfully at her. "Not to mention this idea is entirely spontaneous."

He brought her into a large, spacious room with seats encircling a huge, center stage. The actors were quite adept at operating a play without a curtain to aid in a speedy entrance and exit, and Castiel felt a great wave of serendipity; an action scene was underway. Or at least the very ending of one.

"This play has a lot to do with betrayal and commitment," he told her patiently. "And it is a lot more entertaining than you might come to believe. Also, we are extremely late, purposefully so, because even though I enjoy them, we are not going to spend two hours watching a play. I imagine about twenty minutes are left, and the climax is underway. This group of actors are known for their flashy storytelling and talent."

He didn't take a seat, instead opting to lead his *cough* date *cough* close to the spectacle to stand, as the best seats were occupied. Onstage, a drama was unfolding in which a young warrior, the Avatar apparently, was banished from the tribe, and has returned to vanquish the corrupt king. The 'king' shot several spikes of ice at the warrior, yelling with extreme emotion and Castiel was infinitely curious as to why this 'king' didn't seem to fit the usual stereotype of antagonists.

Meanwhile the 'Avatar' kicked and spun, arcing both fire and water this way and that, and spouting some clever dialogue as he went. Castiel imagined the man was actually a firebender, and either the 'king' or someone under the stage was controlling the water he supposedly utilized. Whichever way it went, the movements flowed natural and gratefully as if the man could have been manipulating both. Flashes of light enhanced this visage, and the music playing hit a loud crescendo as the 'Avatar' hit his mark on the king.

Finally, with a loud roar, the 'Avatar' shot the 'King' off the stage, and the somewhat portly man vanished under some hidden hatch. The crowd cheered, some in dismay, some in excitement, as the entire theater darkened to prepare for an intermission of some sort.

Castiel turned to Laura and smiled teasingly. "Was that so bad?"

IMAGE OF THE WEEK:

[center]
Pictured above (from left to right) are Kurapika, Bakura, and Kurama. These three are the reason why my forum name has been 'LadyKura' from day one. Cute, excellent strategists with a dark side and extremely hard edges, all of these characters are very similar in one way or another. In fact, the longer I think, the more things I can come up with these guys have in common.[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Niya the Flamewarden
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 am

((OOC: Well, she is a firebender, descended from Royalty (Amaterasu) and spent most of her like in the Earth Kingdom, in Ba Sing Se :p but I'm sure she will adjust, she just needs to get used to the tribe.))

Laura watched the confrontation between the Avatar and the king. She assumed this was either a fictitious play, or an actual historical reenactment. Regardless, it WAS rather nice to watch. The action was very nice, the effects were decent--though at some times predictable--and the story was fresh. It didn't take long for the scene to end however, but Laura could honestly say it was much better than the Ember Island Players. No matter how many years had passed since the end of the 100 Year War, the Ember Island Players hadn't gotten any better.

Of all of Owlan's reforms, Laura had hoped he would've poured some more money into their troop, and improve the quality of their plays. Of course, when Laura found out that he had, she was rather disappointed, and discovered it had nothing to do with their funding, but instead their actors.

When the intermission started, Castiel asked Laura her opinion on the actors and the play, to which she happily, and simply replied, "It was decent," she said smiling, "The actors were good, the effects were well done, and the action was interesting enough. I'm still not a play person, but I did quite enjoy it, I'll admit."

"Actually, it mirrored the show down between Avatar Kyoshi and the 43rd Earth King." Continued Laura, "She almost destroyed the palace, and their battle resulted in her creating the Dai Li to keep Ba Sing Se's culture intact. Unfortunately their subsequent corruption was something she sorrowfully regretted for the rest of her life."

Laura was a self proclaimed history buff, and she knew her history from the beginning of recorded history until now. It was something she had always found interesting, but that was besides the point right now.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:48 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Castiel tilted his head in great interest, genuinely curious towards the observations the girl had made. He was practically on a cloud finding out she did enjoy the play; she was difficult to impress, which made the triumph all the more favorable. At any case, she was proving herself to be quite the scholar. Or at least an even more dedicated patriot.

"You are not the only one that admires Earth King culture. The Tribe implements various cultures into our entertainment, although we are still very traditional. The Southern Tribe, however, always has a bit of everything everywhere. They are extremely diverse, especially since their great expansion. This is hardly surprising; their main goal was to be unlike us, after all."

Castiel removed his hands from the banister and proceeded down the aisle, fully expecting Laura to follow. "There is plenty more to see," he told her.

--

The aquariums were huge and made up of many different sectors. The base floor housed giftshops and indoor "petting zoos", of sorts. The pools of the indoor partitions branched off the outdoor portion, where dolphins-porpoise-manatee hybrids tossed and whirled in the waters. Starfish and precious gems decorated the floors of the tanks, which could be seen quite clearly from the lower levels. Downstairs was dark, allowing the natural light from the tanks to illuminate the space. It seemed more like a traditional aquarium, where huge tanks displayed various colorful fish, sharks, octopi, and other gorgeous, majestic creatures. Cards marked what species were displayed and how they functioned in the wild.

The aquariums' positioning were educational as well; the uppermost levels contained the mammals; animals that needed to resurface every now and then for oxygen, and so strayed on the surface. Even the penguins basked outside in the dim sun, closed in by a glass fence and resting on mounds of snow. The mid-levels housed the sharks, colorful, fresh and saltwater fish. Finally, the lowermost basements held everything from octopi to crustaceans to coral.

Everywhere polished marble, decorative shells, gems, and pearls were strung along the perimeters of arches, tanks and the decorative stone floors, glinting mysteriously in the light tossed by the aquariums.

Castiel drew Laura over to an enormous tank that extended all the way up and through the ceiling. Inside, five bright white, whale-like mammals swam in the free space, going up every now and again to surface in the cool tribal air. "I used to come here often when I was small," Castiel said. "And watch the beluga whales. They're still my favorite. You'll get to see a lot more. This level houses all the animals like this; from whales to dolphins, porpoises and penguins, the like. Downstairs, you will get to see more species. You can even swim with them, although I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy that particular activity." He laughed, then.

IMAGE OF THE WEEK:

[center]
Pictured above (from left to right) are Kurapika, Bakura, and Kurama. These three are the reason why my forum name has been 'LadyKura' from day one. Cute, excellent strategists with a dark side and extremely hard edges, all of these characters are very similar in one way or another. In fact, the longer I think, the more things I can come up with these guys have in common.[/center]
Back to top Go down
Niya the Flamewarden
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Laura watched the animals in the aquariums, she felt a certain pity for them. "They don't deserve to be kept in tanks like this." she said sadly, "I know they're well taken care of, I have no doubt about that...but it's just so sad that they're kept in those tanks, and shown off to people for our enjoyment. Do they get out often at least? Are they allowed to go off into the wild to interact with others of their species? Or are they kept in the tanks all year round?"

Laura always did like animals; she had a soft spot for them. She didn't like zoos, not unless the animals were properly cared for, compensated, and allowed free roam with others of their kind. Like they should be. Animals belonged in the wild, and they deserved to stay there. If people wanted to watch them, they could go out into the woods and do that, instead of penning up an animal. It was sad, but she could do nothing about it. Nothing legal anyway.

Laura looked away, she couldn't bear to watch anymore, it was too sad. "I'm sorry, but could you take me from here?" she said, "I can't watch this any longer. Forgive me." As Castiel accompanied Laura from the aquarium, Laura recounted what he said about being able to swim with the animals. She smiled slightly, and replied, "I couldn't swim anyway," she said finally, "I'm deathly afraid of the water, besides, I'm a firebender, we don't do water."

"Is there anywhere else we can go?" asked Laura, regaining her personality, "This tribe seems rather large, and I'm just getting warmed up. There must be more to see." Laura smiled at Castiel, suddenly noticing just how alluring his eyes were. They were dark in color, but light in heart and spirit. People always said that the eyes were the window to the soul, if that were true, then Laura was liking this boys soul. And it helped that his body was just as attractive as well.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Castiel smiled gently. Laura's bout of sensitivity affected him in the way that it made his heart warmer. He took her outside the aquarium, and as they walked he explained, "I understand how you feel. I can assure you, the animals are comfortable. We make a point to try to live alongside them, and so roughly eighty percent of these creatures have been thoroughly domesticated, so they will not even know how to survive in the wild. The dolphins and porpoises's habitats specifically are connected to the bay, so they can come and go as they please, but they will always consider the aquarium home because they get easier food here."

His pale lavender eyes gleamed merrily.

"We use Naturebenders to assess their emotional and mental condition, and they say that as long as their surroundings mimic their natural habitat thoroughly, the animals will remain content. Moreover, the animals, especially ones as gentle as these, react well to human stimuli. As for the more agitated ones, namely the sharks, they are released immediately. Father does not like the lack of variety, but Naturebenders are extremely adamant, as you can imagine."

Castiel thought hard about what to do next. Laura hated water, so deep-sea diving was way out of the question. They could go out to eat, but of course most of the tribe's cuisine was seafood-based, so that was pretty tactless considering their most recent predicament.

"Hmm," he murmured. "Let's return to Talcid. There is a large carnival going on in the suburbs toward the west. I figure we could use some exhilaration."

Talcid was waiting for them, moored to the side of one of the canals. Castiel stepped inside, gently explaining to the man their most recent escapade, and Talcid listened with rapt, emphatic attention. As promised, the young prince did not offer Laura his hand to help her into the vehicle, although he really, really wanted to.

"Do you have any family members close to you now?" Castiel asked Laura, curiosity lacing his tone. He personally would love to meet them, if they were as 'charming' as she.

IMAGE OF THE WEEK:

[center]
Back to top Go down
Niya the Flamewarden
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Laura smiled as Castiel mentioned going to a carnival, "I do love carnivals," she said, "They're always so loud and large and colourful, and the good--thought horribly unhealthy for you--is also quite delicious.""In the area?" asked Laura, "No, no one living nearby. My only living relatives are in Ba Sing Se, my older sister Lynna and my mother Mitsuko. I've been living in a hostel over in Owlan's new territories in the Northern Water Tribe. Heian City to be exact."

"May I ask the sudden interest in my family?" asked Laura as the two boarded the gondola, "And so long as we're on the topic of family, how about you? Do you have any siblings? What are they like? Do they live here with you? I know that people like in Owlan's family don't always stay around the palace, so I just figured I'd ask."

Laura blushed and looked out at the town. The icy white look of the buildings was starting to grow on her, but she was never going to let Castiel know that. The blue of the water, and the icy crystal buildings, paved white with packed snow made the place sparkle as the sun shone through the place. It was magnificent, Laura made a good bet. She was going to stay either way, and now she was glad she decided that.

.|-Konoe Ezofuji-no-Amaterasu {Shared With Kouzai}

Laura Yeina
.|-Ieyasu Leihing {Shared With Kura}
.|-Kamui Leihing {Shared With Kura}
.|-Sauri Leihing {Shared With Kura}

Leilani Ezofuji-no-Sasuno'o

Vermilion Princess Izanami Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 pm

| Prince Castiel |

"I'm not so sure myself," Castiel admitted. "Honestly I was wondering how life was for you growing up. In both the theater and the aquarium, I was thinking about my childhood; I rarely went anywhere without my brother, then."

He paused to think for a second. "As for my family, of course there is my father, but I also have three younger siblings. They all, except one, live with me," his note took on a sadder tone as he said this, but drew more upbeat with the following sentences. "Cassian is my identical twin. Most people say we're like night and day, however, but we get along well because we actually do share a lot of things in common. He can be a little difficult to get along with.

"Kihana is my twelve-year-old little sister, and the only girl. Unlike either of us, she is extremely animated. She loves candy, and it's because of all her energy she gets into a lot of trouble with the maids," he laughed softly. The boy straightened a bit, thinking carefully of what to say next. "My youngest brother, Roman, lives at the Air Temples with his matrons because of his health. He is very fragile and gentle."

Castiel truly did love his family with all his heart, despite his mixed emotions in regards to his father, Anuk. He also loved his stepmother perhaps as much as his original mother, and that was a major feat in itself. Roman's absence was in fact due to a much larger scheme, but it was personal and he was not going to say as much in front of Laura and most definitely not Talcid. It was going to ruin the mood, anyhow.

IMAGE OF THE WEEK:

[center]
Back to top Go down
Niya the Flamewarden
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

"Ah well...I'm sorry to hear about your brother," said Laura placing her hand on Castiel's shoulder reassuringly, "I am sure that he always keeps you and your family in his heart, no matter where he is. I have no doubts that you feel the same about him; I can tell just by the way you talk about him, the way your face lights up--ever so slightly mind you--that you care about him. Perhaps one day you should go visit him?"

Laura sensed that there was something deeper inside of Castiel, some dark secrets about his family that he would rather not talk about. And if it was as bad as his face was suggesting, then he had every right to keep his secrets. Besides, as bombastic as Laura was, she wasn't about to go barging into people's personal lives. She had heard enough rumors and myths about the problems with the royal families from all the nations.

She knew that the Imperial Royal Family was unhappy, and rarely spoke to each other or got along. She knew that their parents had practically foresaken and abandoned them from birth until their untimely death, and she knew that the youngest, Erolass, didn't speak to anyone within the family. She knew that the Northern Water Tribe Royals were an unhappy family with a step mother, a frail younger brother who was unwanted by the king, and two older brothers who--as Castiel said--got along despite their differences. She knew that Earth King Onao was looking for love, and had finally found it, and that his advisors were as evil as evil could get--or so everyone thought.

There wasn't one thing about the royal families that Laura's mother didn't know, and wasn't able to tell her and her sister. It seemed that their mother, Mitsuko, knew more than she was letting on. But she never answered what that was....and Laura was beginning to question if she ever would. For now, however, Laura needed to focus on her and Castiel, on the moment. So, to brighten Castiel's spirits, she changed the subject from his family to hers.

"Well, growing up in life was great," said Laura, "We weren't rich or anything, but we weren't poor. My father taught me everything I knew, he was the Earthbender. My mother was the Firebender, she was the reason for...well, this--" Laura opened her hand and black flames weakly engulfed her hand "--they're inherited, at least that's what my mom says. It's a rare gift passed down through my family. Of course I was never really able to master them, so I stick to my Earthbending and basic red fire. I'm not as 'spiritual as my sister' apparently, and so I can't master these powerful flames. She's a prodigy though, mastered them by 17, and studied under my mother. She even opened up her own bending school in Ba Sing Se." Laura sighed and smiled, "But who needs black flames right?" she asked laughing, "Flames of any color will do just fine for my kind of work really."

Laura Yeina

Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Castiel watched, fascinated by the flames. "So you are a dual-bender? I haven't met so many before. I had thought Cassian might develop spiritbending powers somewhere down the line, but he remained a normal exorcist. It's fascinating, really.

"Earth and fire aren't too contradictory," he went on softly. "But black fire? Well, I'm not sure what kind of attributes this one would have. I didn't think it was possible. White fire, maybe. Blue fire, for certain. One of my ancestors bent 'pink' flames, but black flames ..?" His voice trailed off uncertainly. He was recalling something. There was something about Laura's fire, especially the color, that was very familiar to him. But it was fleeting and as he thought on it again, he couldn't remember what it was.

Talcid moored the little ferry. Castiel nodded to him gratefully and climbed off, happy that the man had tactfully chose an area a little ways away from the sharp bustling crowd that was attempting to get to the carnival. It was late midday, and many people were getting off work and children were getting home from school. A few recognized his face and waved cheerfully, as he'd conversed with them in the past.

Castiel went over to one of the intricate, grand arches of the carnival, and from within they could very much make out several more crystalline arches, metal ridges, colorful podiums and people dressed in costumes. There was festive music playing, and in the short distance a roller coaster, or two, almost touched the sky. Ahead of them a fence kept spectators at bay as the ground sharply cut off to a deep koi pond. A little, artificial river sported people in decorative boats, snuggled together on a romantic, slow ride. Fast-moving rides took up most of the area, but there was plenty of room for traversing and for large groups to cluster and for lines to form. Children were throwing vended fish food into the water. Many people were dressed in old-style anoraks and kimonos, in fact, especially denizins hailing from the Fire Nation, and the sharp, blinking lights were pleasant to the eye.

"The carnival carries many themes, and it is practically year-round. Kihana loves it here, and although there are many things to do for older kids, I feel small again when I do come." He grinned widely. "Now what are you up for? Something fast or something slow? I know this place like the back of my hand."

IMAGE OF THE WEEK:

[center]
Back to top Go down
Niya the Flamewarden
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:02 pm

"Pink flames eh?" asked Laura interested, "You wouldn't happen to be descended from Tsukaia would you? I've brushed up on my history, and I believe she was the sole bearer of the pink flames. She could also bend green flames, which she learned from her husband, Sasuno'o." Laura paused and thought for a moment, "Holy cricket!" she gasped, her eyes wide with glee, "That means you're descended from Sasuno'o doesn't it?! I guess that means you're also related to Emperor Owlan and his line. That's so cool! Do you two get along well? Do you see each other often? I bet most of the world doesn't know that both of the royalties of the Northern Water Tribe and Vermilion Dragon Empire are related. It's just a shame it had to be through such a terrible man as Sasuno'o..."

Laura's mind shot back to the fact that she was with the prince, and she was currently rambling on about family and history. Not a very good impression for someone as low down on the political chain as Laura. Turning pink, Laura quickly shut her mouth and the boat bumped up against the icy sidewalks of the suburbs. With a gentle step, Laura set foot on the ice path, and looked around at the carnival. It was magnificent, and so attractive. Loud and noisy, that's just how Laura liked things.

"It's amazing..." said Laura in awe, "Truly captivating!" Laura had never seen anything quite like it, even in a city as large and cultural as Ba Sing Se. She had always been too busy to attend carnivals, or she was just never in town when one was. Castiel then asked her what they should do first, something slow or something fast. Laura already knew her answer, and blurted it out quickly. "Personally I don't care which!" exclaimed Laura like a child in a candy store, her eyes attracted by all the lantern lights and colours and sounds and sights and smells, "Anything that's fun."

Laura Yeina

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]   

Back to top Go down

Northern Water Tribe :: Amethyst (NiyNiy) [Topic of the Month August 2012 **To Be Moved Once Closed**]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next