Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

737 years after the fall of Ozai, and the world is once again on the brink of collapse. Sudden, random rebellions supported by unknown parties have sprung up across all nations. With the next Avatar undiscovered, the world's hope begins to crumble.

HomeAvatarMemberlistRegisterLog in
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Latest topics
Staff

-Head Admin-
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Bailey the Flamewarden
Niya the Flamewarden
Tenka Musou Wolfie
Massie

-Head Moderator-
Sara the Flamewarden

-Moderators-
Lyssa the Flamewarden
Stephy the Flamewarden

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
737 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 737 AO (After Ozai)

Royalty
Earth King: Hui Peng
Vermilion Emperor: Eldunar Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
King of the North and South: Castiel Leiheng
Queen of Four Winds: May Lin Dao
Light King: John Itaruki
Dark Lord: Saruyoshi Shinjuku

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai (4654)

LadyKura (1292)

Tenka Musou Wolfie (1238)

Bailey The Flamewarden (956)

Leosan (879)

Maki Shadowblade (820)

Tsumi Buredo (698)

Earth King Lu (687)

River (641)

Daddy (600)

Share | 

looking for a smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: looking for a smith   Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

It was early in the morning when Kota arrived in Ba Sing Se. He wanted to spend the week here before he was sent to Ullundor. He was hoping to find a smith. But not just any smith, but a master smith who could forge him a strong armor, yet make it light and discreet. After about an hour or so he came upon a meat stand. He walked up to it and took the biggest piece of meat he could find, then walked away leaving money for the old man running the stand. He sat on the side of the road eating the meat, legs tired, eyes weary. He was about ready to give up and find a hotel when he saw a small smokestack. He walked over to investigate. There working a blacksmith forge he saw a muscular man with an earth nation belt and black jacket. He walked up to the smith with a skeptical look. "Do you take special orders?" he asked the man hopefully.

Last edited by Kota on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yamikura
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Yamikura had begun work on a very special sword. He had planned to give it to someone very special to him. As such, he was hard at work at his forge in the middle ring of Ba Sing Se. He had a hammer in his hand and burning hot metal in the other (of course, holding it with a thick leather glove). His hammer slammed down upon the metal again and again. However, he was interrupted by a boy's voice. Yami set aside the hammer and placed the metal in a pool of water. He then turned away from the forge and to his massive word that was propped against a stone table. He advanced about four steps to the table then without looking at him, spoke to the boy. "Boy, before you go asking for business it's polite to introduce yourself," he spoke in a rather lazy fashion, his mind was clearly elsewhere. He took off the glove and reached for a piece of cloth that he used to wipe the sweat from his face.

He could tell that this one he called "boy" was a bit more than that. He was obviously from the water tribe. Also, he was more muscular than most boys his age. But, what really caught Yami's attention (though he would not show it) was the way the boy held himself. Like he was more of an animal than a human. While it seemed Yami was not paying attention to him, he was keeping him in the corner of his eye, carefully watching him.

Character:
Okami-bushi, Yamikura http://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.net/t1424-okami-bushi-yamikura

Back to top Go down
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 pm

"If you really need to know my name is Kota Moronishi, of the Fauná Azure Branch. My rank is general, and I am of a family I don't really want to talk about." Kota looked at the man. "I don't think it appropriate to be ignoring potential business." Kota looked at the mans belt again, noticing that nobody else, not even store owners could afford that. "you're a noble, aren't you?" he said rather curiously. "But why would a noble be working the forge?" Mom!" He said, acknowledging his wolf pet for the first time. Come." As he said this the wolf bounded towards him then stood right by his side. It's back was as tall as Kota's shoulder, and it's head came even taller than his. "Now down to business," He said rather annoyed.

"I need a set of armor. I need it to be strong, yet light. I also need it to fit under my cloak. You don't need to worry about making it water tribe styled I could make arrangements back at home." "Well?" he said eagerly. "Can you do it or not?"

Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

OOC: Hope you gents don't mind me joining

IC: Ryou rode Jirra, his trusted kangaroohound through the Middle Ring of Ba Sing Se, his massive sword Souen strapped to his back. He had stopped in the city to gather supplied and information on Ullondor. He had been searching through small villages throughout the Earth Kingdom looking for traveling merchants. They were probably the best source of information about goings-on in the country. Let people search for a hooded stranger with the answers to the world in a seedy bar. Merchants always have an ear open.

As he passed a few stalls, he overheard a young man inquiring about armor. He suddenly realized that he was in front of a forge and he twisted around in the saddle to eavesdrop. Jirra was more interested in sniffing the massive wolf that seemed to be at the beck and call of the young man. When he asked whether or not the request could be done, Ryou decided it was time to chime in.

"If he can't then he can sell the forge to me when he goes out of business."

Elite Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Yami's eye turned lazily to get a look at the wolf. Then, his eye turned away as he produced a pipe. He started packing the pipe before he responded. "Manners are important, boy. Especially when speaking to one that, in this country, greatly outranks you. I am Okami-bushi, Yamikura, general of the Earth Kingdom army," his words did not come steadily. He'd stop here and there and work on packing his pipe with tobacco. Finally, he struck a match and lit the pipe. He took a long drag and blew out rings of smoke. Then another would chime in about handing over the forge. He chuckled at the kangaroohound rider. "This is no business but, a hobby. I enjoy making and using weapons and armors of all kinds. And I do it rather well. I've yet to meet one who can best my skills with a forge. So to answer your question, boy, yes I can make such an armor. But, I have no desire to do so," Yami chose his words carefully yet, he kept his lazy, uncaring attitude.

Character:
Okami-bushi, Yamikura http://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.net/t1424-okami-bushi-yamikura

Back to top Go down
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:30 pm

"I thought there was something different about you. You're a general.""That explains the arrogance," Kota thought to himself. Kota paused for a moment thinking about what to say next. "General you don't understand," He said solemnly. "I need this armor before King Anuktiluk sends me to Ullundor to fight the magicians. My twelve men and I are his greatest asset, and this armor would make me less vulnerable to attack." Kota paused and waited for the response that never came. "If this isn't good enough for you then I think we should settle it with a test of meddle. If I win, you make my armor, free of charge. If you win, I pay you twenty gold pieces, leave Ba Sing Se and head to Ullundor."

"So. Will you make the armor for me? Or will I have to earn the right?"

Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:02 am

Yamatsukami, undergoing a long vigorous journey to Ba Sing Se, a day ago he found himself collapsed peacefully away from the world under a tree. When he awoke he traveled into seeking out something to do and posted himself up against the corner of a building where he heard someone challenge another for a suit of armor. Yamatsukami decided to step in to see what the commotion was about.

"Ladies ladies please, Oh wait or should I say gents. There is no need to get violent over a meager suit of armor. I would hate for a show to go on without you inviting an audience to watch it first." Yamatsukami smirked under his mask. "I'm sorry if I'm coming off on the rude side here if I am just misunderstanding the situation. Have you ever considered a favor for a favor?"

Yamatsukami backed up against the nearest wall and posted himself against it. He pulled an arm out from beneath his cloak gesturing giving up. "To be honest, how I see it is that me being here isn't going to change anything you do. So please if you choose, ignore me and let the show go on..." Yamatsukami's voice lowered into a dark warm tone.
Back to top Go down
Luxos
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am

Ryou leaned forward in his saddle as the General spoke. He found that he approved of the young man, despite his rank. He did things at his own pace, and forged for pleasure in the Middle Ring instead of on some estate. He didn't respond, but sat and listened as Kota pleaded for the General to reconsider. But his face darkened when Kota mentioned Ullondor. The New Land.

When he had proposed a competition of some sorts, a man in a cloak and mask approached the group. He was dressed all in dark colors and must have been baking to death. His face was covered by a mask and he spoke in the most annoyingly smug voice. Ryou wanted to vomit fire at him, but there were more important things to attend to. He held up his hand to Yamatsukami as you would to a child or a dog, "Quiet skippy, the big boys are talking," he said condescendingly.

He hadn't taken his eyes off of Kota though, and he now fixed the young man with his full attention and grinned. "Why put yourself through all the trouble? He's older, more experienced, and in all likelihood, stronger than you. Are you willing to risk humiliation in Ba Sing Se and then go to the dangerous and hostile country Ullondor on a contest you're likely to lose? Why bother? There are other smiths who have more than enough talent and I'd be willing to do it for free."

Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:26 am

Yamatsukami started to chuckle " Hehehe... Alright then " Big boy" Yamatsukami made air quotations with his fingers while posted against a wall..

Yamatsukami frowned under his mask when he heard the man trying to talk him out of fighting. "Oh, why would you wan't to miss such a performance? Do you know how many people would pay to see such a fight? Where is the fun in that?" Yamatsukami laughed. "My.... and FREE services? Certainly cannot be true!" Yamatsukami did a quick twirl with a bow. " Ha... There is no such thing as free in this world. Everything comes at a price. The spirits knows you will ask for it eventually. Just like all men." Yamatsukami shook his head "Ha I'm sorry guess not all pasts are the same..."

Yamatsukami reposted himself against a wall. "Oh and in case any one here needs some spare muscle... I guess there is no shame in advertising my sword for hire now." Yamatsukami said in monotone. " Heck, I would even be willing to do it for "Free" if you promise an adventure or a free meals. If not I guess that's another night traveling the lonesome rode for me." Yamatsukami crossed his arms under his cloak.
Back to top Go down
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am

Kota looked at Ryou, frowning. "Listen here. This smith may be older and stronger, but there is no way he has more experience than me. I lived in a shit-hole until I was 16 Damnit! And if somebody is going to come tell me what I can and cannot do they can be on their way!" Kota stared at Ryou in anger and frustration. He then turned to the man in the mask. "And you! I've had enough of you're arrogance! I'm not going to make poor people even poorer by making them pay to watch the general and I spar! Kota looked at the ground, fists clenched.

Kota led Yamikura to an empty courtyard, about the size of a middle school gym. "We can get this started as soon as you are ready." Kota put his hand on the handle of his sword, waiting, and letting Yamikura take the first move.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a smith   

Back to top Go down

looking for a smith
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next