Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

737 years after the fall of Ozai, and the world is once again on the brink of collapse. Sudden, random rebellions supported by unknown parties have sprung up across all nations. With the next Avatar undiscovered, the world's hope begins to crumble.

HomeAvatarMemberlistRegisterLog in
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Latest topics
Staff

-Head Admin-
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Bailey the Flamewarden
Niya the Flamewarden
Tenka Musou Wolfie
Massie

-Head Moderator-
Sara the Flamewarden

-Moderators-
Lyssa the Flamewarden
Stephy the Flamewarden

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
737 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 737 AO (After Ozai)

Royalty
Earth King: Hui Peng
Vermilion Emperor: Eldunar Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
King of the North and South: Castiel Leiheng
Queen of Four Winds: May Lin Dao
Light King: John Itaruki
Dark Lord: Saruyoshi Shinjuku

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai (4654)

LadyKura (1292)

Tenka Musou Wolfie (1238)

Bailey The Flamewarden (956)

Leosan (879)

Maki Shadowblade (820)

Tsumi Buredo (698)

Earth King Lu (687)

River (641)

Daddy (600)

Share | 

Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm

It was the begining in Omashu so the trees were just getting their golden brown color. Airo had just left home about a week ago to find her brother and she was already tired. She walked wearing her usual outfit and a backpack full of supplies that would last her a month or two. She was drowsily walking down a street when the feeling of impending stomache growl.

She walked to a nearby park and opened her pack to see no food left. She let out a big sign and slammed herself backwards. The spirit of her brother apeared next to her. "You are so impatient Airo." said the spirit. Airo responded with a large punch to wear the spirit was. But she forgot he was a spirit and she hit the ground popping her wrist out of place. She jolted forward grabing her dislocated wrist crying "Damnit Akarusa why did you get yourself hurt." The spirit laughed "You are always worrying about me instead of yourself."

"Well its your fault that you are lost."

"No that would be the wars fault."

"You are impossible" Airo shouted forgeting no one else could see Akarusa. Airo sat their trying to relocate her wrist when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Airo jumped somehow popping her wrist back into place with a loud, bloodcurdling pop.
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Walking through the trees, Taral gently stroked his pet Viper Bat's body, draped around his neck. Slipping the creature a small biscuit, Taral adjusted his long brown coat, before settling his thumbs in his suspenders. His boots crunched the few fallen leaves, and he takes in a deep breath as he expands his mind.

The world explodes around him as a flood of information washes over him. Rassin's keen hearing alerts Taral to several sparrowkeets in a nearby tree, their eyesight giving Taral a third person view of himself and his surroundings. Several other animals' senses are soon at Taral's disposal, and he moves his thoughts from creature to creature, moving in a strange path to keep in contact with several at a time.

KyoniKing wrote:
"You are impossible" Airo shouted forgeting no one else could see Akarusa. Airo sat their trying to relocate her wrist when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Airo jumped somehow popping her wrist back into place with a loud, bloodcurdling pop.

Taral drops his contacts with the animals around him, and sees the girl with his own eyes, as he blinks until she is in focus. Strange, he couldn't sense anyone else around, yet she was clearing in the middle of a conversation...

"I have been called impossible many times, by many people, but normally I've at least introduced myself. May I take a look at your arm? I know a method that can take away the pain."

He kneels down, holding his walking stick in his right hand while extending his left, palm up, trying to look as non-threatening and reassuring as possible. "I'm Taral, by the way."

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:52 pm

"Oh.....Hello. Sorry I was talking to....myself." Airo felt awkward as the man knelt down and held out his hand. "My n n n name is Airo." she said shyly as she placed her thin wrist in the mans hand. Who is this guy Akarusa? Airo turned to look at the spirit and he shrugged. She quickly looked at Taral and asked "Do you think im crazy?" Airo blushed even brighter as the man checked out her vulnerable wrists.
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Taking the girl's wrist in his larger hand, he moves his fingertips in slight circles in a gentle grasp. Instantly the pain decreases, and the entire forearm feels numb. "There you go. The injury will still need some time to heal, but I can hold the pain at bay until it has." Letting go of her arm, he takes a seat next to her, legs crossed and staff resting beside him. He pulls some bread from a pocket within his coat, and offers some to Airo. "Here, take some. I know that you're hungry. And, I know that you're not crazy." Taking a bite of his bread, he pictures a thin thread emerge from his forehead, waving in the air until it touches her forehead. Giving the girl time to take in the fact his voice was in her head, he withdraws his mental thread, and takes another bite. Swallowing his food, he takes a small swig from a waterskin, before whipping it and also offering it to Airo.

"I can understand the impulse to conceal what you do, but you have no need to lie to me. You are quite interesting. My gifts let me peer into the minds of others. Most people's internal thoughts are jumbled, random, chaotic. Your's were clear and focused, and that only happens when people are focused on speaking with someone else. Quite curious, however, is the fact that I can't sense the thoughts of anyone else around. You weren't talking to yourself, but as far as I know, you weren't talking to anyone else. I find that, to be, intriguing."

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Airo's eyes widened as the man gave her the bread. She wolfed it down quickly and slowllowed loudly. She let out a cough because she ate too fast. She closed her eyes for a bit while the man talked. She opened them quickly as if she felt someone tapping into her mind. "So there is no lying to you then." Airo closed her eyes again and let out a large sigh.

With her eyes closed she spoke in a complete monotone "When I was a child my older brother taught me that I can see spirits. At first I thought they were like imaginery friends like my parents said. After some time I learned how to actually control it, but sometimes I have little slip up's like you saw earlier. I lost my brother during the war and now I am looking for him. I know he is still alive or else I wouldn't sense his living presence on this planet." Airo paused for a bit and looked to the side to see her brother sitting there staring at the animals around them. "My brother is standing over there admiring your animals." Airo said pointing over to what looked like a blank pasture.
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm

"No, there is really no lying to me, but don't worry, I'm not offended. Everyone lies. It's how we handle matter's we don't want to accept, or explain. I can understand why you would keep him a secret." He looks over to where the remaining two of his animal companions. Hi-Chee ambles over, knuckles carefully avoiding the leaves, while his hooves leave small cloven impressions in the soil. Thuroth, on the other hand, is running circles around the Goat Gorilla, crunching leaves left and right. Taral pictures twin purple vines stretch out from his eyes and into those of his animal friends. "I can sense something through them, I assume it is your brother's spirit. Them seem to like him."

He withdraws his mental vines, allowing them to continue their games. He seeming absentmindedly strokes the back of his neck, rubbing Rassin, who lets out a low, gentle hiss "When I was a child, I had a similar experience. I could hear the thoughts of those around me. All of their dreams, fantasies, and fears, I experienced like they were my own. I thought I was insane, so I ran away, far from any people. Finally, the voices were silent. I stayed there for three days, before the voices returned. Not people, but animals. They are simpler, easier to filter. Animals are by no means less intelligent, but they don't have the mental layers that we do. I was able to learn to focus my mind, and control whose voices I heard."

Slipping his hand back inside his coat, he retrieves a small wrapped parcel. Opening it, he reveals a round of cheese. Breaking a few pieces off, he offers the rest to Airo, her hunger clearly more urgent than his. "If you'd like assistance, I'd be glad to travel with you. I'm a traveler, but I've no where to go at this time. And I can't in good consciousness allow such a young girl to travel alone, with the war going on. Why don't we go looking for your brother. Between the two of us, and our gifts, it should make for quite an adventure."

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Airo's eyes widened even more at the sight if the cheese. While wolfing down the cheese she listened intently to the man talking. She heard that he was a traveler with no where to go. Finishing the last gulp of cheese she let out a deep breath "Alright. It would be appreciated." She closed her eyes and smiled brightly after she finished talking. The spirit of Akarusa stood behind her smiling. "So Airo, you seem to be making friends already."
Her face straightened and her arm swung back, batting away the spirit.
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Watching the girl inhale the food, Taral makes a mental note to make sure that before long he takes her to a proper eating establishment, and make sure she has a proper bed. She deserves at least one good night's rest before they start their travels.

Seeing how she flails, he smirks, amused. "I suppose your brother was back there? And saying something you didn't like. This will be quite the experience for me, having someone who can surprise me. When I focus, I know what someone will do before they are even aware of the decision. But you, you will make this an interesting journey."

Standing up again, he extends his left hand to the still sitting girl, "Would you like to walk, or ride on Hi-Chee for a while?"

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Airo grabbed the mans hand and lifted herself up. "Sure was. And I would love to ride on Hi-Chee." Airo paused after her words with a puzzled face. "Which one is Hi-Chee?" Airo felt embaressed on asking the question. Akarusa stood behind her and whispered in her ear. "Can you sense them?"

Airo's face became worried. She looked around wondering what he meant. "Does something seem odd to you?" Asked the young spirit bender.
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 pm

With a wink, and a subtle nod of his head, the Goat Gorilla moved forward, and with one mighty arm reached to lift the girl into the air, but Taral managed to intercept the arm, and he was instead placed on the broad red creature's back. "This one is Hi-Chee. He has a habit of picking up things he likes, but it can be jarring the first time it happens if you aren't prepared. Here, let me give you another boost."

With a glance, the Armadillo Wolf stops her circling, crouching low and steadying her plated shoulders. "Thuroth here can give you a lift. You might actually be able to ride her, but not for very long." Once again stroking the creature around his neck, "And this is Rassin. They are my friends, companions. It's been a while since I've travelled with people, but I assure you, they are all friendly." He extends his hand again, it clear that Airo could step from Thuroth's back and be pulled up to were Taral was perched on Hi-chee

KyoniKing wrote:
Airo's face became worried. She looked around wondering what he meant. "Does something seem odd to you?" Asked the young spirit bender.

"Well, aside from the fact I can't sense the thoughts of who you are talking to, not really. But my definition of odd might be a bit different from yours." Eyes closed for a moment, he screws up his face, before he continues "For what it's worth, I'm not able to sense anything. But without line of sight my range isn't that large, not when compared to you anyway."

PostSubject: Re: Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)   

Back to top Go down

Of Spirit and Mind (Tegu8788)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next