Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Peng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4794)

Loolaalee (1332)

LadyKura (1291)

Bailey The Flamewarden (954)

Leosan (878)

Maki Shadowblade (820)

Tsumi Buredo (699)

Earth King Lu (687)

Tarink (647)

River (647)

Share | 

Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Yami chuckled "Master Yami would be appropriate, but it feels weird to have somebody older than me referring to me as master. So just Yami will suffice." As Yami began the hike towards the mountain, she began explaining the situation to Aurora. "Healing isn't necessary for you to learn. For all intents and purposes, I don't see the need to teach it to you at present. To be honest, I only know basic healing techniques. I'd recommend seeking out a more qualified teacher for that."

Yami brought her hand to her mouth and whistled loudly. A roar was heard in response, and soon a black dragon descended near the pair. "Aurora, this is my friend Fireball. Not only did he teach me fire bending in my childhood, but he also took me in." Yami reached into one of the bags strapped to the dragon's side, pulling out her vest, weapons, and cloak, putting on each accordingly, finally slinging her longbow over her shoulders. She then reached into a different bag and pulled out Aurora's belongings, handing them to her. "Here. It'll be chilly in the mountains. You'll want these, and your weapons should we encounter any hostility."

Yami whispered something to Fireball and sent him flying away. "He picked up your things right after you jumped into the spring. Everything should be there. Now, onward we walk. I'd fly, but Fireball doesn't take to new people too well, so we're walking. Besides, walking often gives one the opportunity to feel the harmony of the world around them."

"Choose your friends with caution; plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith." -Thomas S. Monson

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

"There's no one i'd rather be than me." -Wreck-it Ralph

"I am on my way, I can go the distance! I don't care how far, somehow, i'll be strong. I know every mile will be worth my while. I would go most anywhere to find where I belong." -Hercules

"You may think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew." -Pocahontas

"Our fate lies within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it." -Merida
Back to top Go down
Makaru

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Yami's responses weren't unexpected answers. It made sense that she could only heal basics at this moment, she did seem pretty young after all.

Yami put her hand to her mouth and whistled. A roar shook the forest and Aurora tensed up. A black mass descended from the skies and landed next to Yami. Aurora was shocked, before her stood a black dragon.

Yami spoke up "Aurora, this is my friend Fireball. Not only did he teach me fire bending in my childhood, but he also took me in." Aurora just stared in amazement, it had been a long time since she had seen something like this.

Yami removed both of their belongings from the bag strapped to the side of the dragon. Aurora felt uncomfortable, knowing that the dragon was there the whole time. Not that she intended to, but if a fight had broken out between the two of them, well Aurora felt she would come up short to a dragon.

Aurora took her equipment, feeling much better now that she once again had her swords and weapons at her side. It was uncommon for trouble to find her or vice versa, so she made a point of almost always having her weapons.

"Fireball..." She mused to herself.

Yami whispered to the dragon and it flew off. Yami turned to Aurora and explained that they were walking because fireball didn't like new people. Aurora mentally gulped but kept her face calm. They began walking along, Aurora inhaled energy fueling her own inner fire to keep warm.

"So Yami, you deduced that I was a raider or a pirate. I have to ask; why are you still going to teach me steam bending? Don't you want to teach someone who won't potentially abuse the ability that you developed?" Aurora wanted to know that she wasn't being lead into some sort of weird trap, as small as that chance was, but she was also trying to learn more about Yami. Maybe it was better that she didn't, but her curiosity just happened to get the better of her this time.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Yami looked ahead and kept walking, speaking to Aurora without facing her. "I have deemed you worth teaching. How you use the abilities is up to you.

"You should know, the world as you know it is about to change. Calamity is on the horizon. The balance is shifting."
She bent down and picked a flower from the open field. "Lesson two: Balance. I don't know if you ever learned this from a fire bending master, or if you ever had a master at all. But any true master would first teach discipline. Balance is a branch of discipline.

"The world around you is shaped by harmony. The light and the dark, yin and yang, black and white. There's always a countermeasure to everything. Nothing exists without an opposite. But if one grows too strong for the other to handle, the balance is upset."
Yami looked off into the distance, where the sun was just touching the horizon.

"The darkness is getting too strong..." she mumbled to herself. You know, you're showing greater concern for the world than you normally do. This world is my home, too. I will protect it.

"Now, as you know, fire and water are two opposing forces."
She gestured to the sunset. "Yet when the balance is precise, something new is created. The sunset you see before you, one of the most beautiful views, is a combination of light and dark, making something different: twilight. The two are in perfect harmony. Steam is a lot like this. When fire and water are in perfect balance, they both cease to exist and coexist. Steam is neither fire nor water, yet is both at once."

Yami closed her eyes, feeling the flower between her fingers. "You asked me whether you'll misuse this ability. Tell me, after what I've just explained to you about balance and harmony, how likely are you to use this creation for selfish reasons?"

"Choose your friends with caution; plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith." -Thomas S. Monson

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

"I am on my way, I can go the distance! I don't care how far, somehow, i'll be strong. I know every mile will be worth my while. I would go most anywhere to find where I belong." -Hercules

"You may think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew." -Pocahontas

Back to top Go down
Makaru

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Aurora listened very carefully to Yami and it definitely made a lot of sense. The balance, the sunset, the yin and yang. She had admittedly never tried to use both water and fire bending. The question Yami posed to Aurora caught her off guard.

Aurora again eyed Yami trying to guage her. She said at the beggining of this conversation that how she used the ability was up to her, yet at the end it sounded like she had either changed her mind or didn't want her to use it badly anyway.

Aurora had always planned to use it for selfish reasons, but she needed this girl to teach her steam bending. So she was going to give the answer that Yami wanted to hear.

"I suppose not. I suppose I could hold it in reserve for when the balance is upset." Aurora went further to try to clarify her confusion about Yami.

"Why did you say you didn't care and then ask that question at the end?" Aurora said curiously looking off at the sunset trying to channel the feeling it gave off.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Yami smirked, using her fire bending to light the way as darkness settled on the valley. "While I can't control how you use this power, that doesn't mean I won't try to educate you about the proper usage of a great power. Oh, and by the way, you're a terrible liar. I would have expected more from a pirate."

She dimmed the fire as fireflies gathered around the open field. They seemed to clear a path for the two travelers, but they never went too far away.

You know you're making a mistake teaching her,
Kokuo chided.

Yami shrugged. If she doesn't truly want to learn, she won't. It's not like this is easy. Even after I teach her how to do it, it will take years for her to perfect it, and years more to master. I'll either break her spirit, or open her eyes to truth. Laughter rang through Yami's head.

You act so grown up, like you're some wise old master, but you are still just a naive child. You have too much faith in humanity.

And you have too little.

Yami had to admit, though, she was a little worried. But she had expected that whoever came to find her would be somebody power-hungry. But with a close relationship to spirits, she had hope that regardless of who came to her, she'd be able to enlighten them. She just prayed that she hadn't hoped in vain.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]   

Back to top Go down

Sharing the Skill [Loolaalee, Makaru]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2