Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

737 years after the fall of Ozai, and the world is once again on the brink of collapse. Sudden, random rebellions supported by unknown parties have sprung up across all nations. With the next Avatar undiscovered, the world's hope begins to crumble.

HomeAvatarMemberlistRegisterLog in
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Latest topics
Staff

-Head Admin-
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Bailey the Flamewarden
Niya the Flamewarden
Tenka Musou Wolfie
Massie

-Head Moderator-
Sara the Flamewarden

-Moderators-
Lyssa the Flamewarden
Stephy the Flamewarden

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
737 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 737 AO (After Ozai)

Royalty
Earth King: Hui Peng
Vermilion Emperor: Eldunar Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
King of the North and South: Castiel Leiheng
Queen of Four Winds: May Lin Dao
Light King: John Itaruki
Dark Lord: Saruyoshi Shinjuku

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Vermilion Emperor Kouzai (4654)

LadyKura (1292)

Tenka Musou Wolfie (1238)

Bailey The Flamewarden (956)

Leosan (879)

Maki Shadowblade (820)

Tsumi Buredo (698)

Earth King Lu (687)

River (641)

Daddy (600)

Share | 

Exploring the Cave

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amaya Kae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:11 pm

sorry
i was working and i tried to get on
but i had practice for cross country too

Spoiler:

~Kari Naki
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Adiar Devanon
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh hooray! Very Happy I promise I wasn't trying to play the blame game so don't feel like you need to apologize. Wink I understand that you are extremely busy, and real life always comes before writing... it's more my fault for not having a clearer idea for a starting post. Very Happy

Anywhoo, I will write the next bit and PM it back to you this evening after my rehearsals.
Back to top Go down
Amaya Kae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:39 pm

ok thanks :}

Spoiler:

~Kari Naki
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:14 pm

This looks interesting and fun. Is it too late to get in on this?

Back to top Go down
Adiar Devanon
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 am

Hey Sojun, not too late at all. Smile

In fact I have to apologize... no post tonight, and tomorrow might end up being a bust depending on how things go down. I will try, but I'm not exactly sure what my schedule looks like.

Someone rear-ended me today while I was driving to rehearsal, so my car is damaged (looks like the bumper will need to be entirely replaced, and possibly the lid of the trunk) and tomorrow may end up being busy because of needing to quickly repair my car.

So if I learned anything from tonight, it's that you shouldn't text and drive. Oh wait, I don't. Rolling Eyes I'm feeling a bit bitter about the whole thing :p. This is the second accident I've been in that has involved someone not paying attention to their driving (because of being too focused on their phone or things) and thus running a red (or in this case trying to change lanes) and hitting me. Ugh. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Awesome and i'd be willing to work with whatever plan you got instore just let me know?

Back to top Go down
Amaya Kae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 pm

I would like to be in the know also as well. Thank you very much

Spoiler:

~Kari Naki
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:20 pm

@Amaya Kae wrote:
I would like to be in the know also as well. Thank you very much

Yes, ma'am :]

Back to top Go down
Adiar Devanon
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:38 pm

[OOC: No need, thank you all though. Smile I got this together. I will be PMing you all about your intro posts, giving you the info you need to write them (i.e. who will be contacting your character, etc.)]

The woods were unusually silent today. The trees were usually full of singing birds, the grass teeming with chirping crickets, and the bushes rustling with rabbits and other small creatures. In fact the woods near Ba Sing Se still echoed with animal life, but here near the cave all was silent.

Joun Yung crouched behind the fallen trunk of an ancient tree, warily watching the wide cave mouth from some thirty feet away. His journey had begun as a pleasant hike through the woods, but as he had drawn nearer and nearer to the cave, his every sense had begun to cry out that there was danger. He had gone from hiking to creeping, and he was now crouched over double with one hand on the ground, like a sprinter preparing to leap into a race.

Stretching out with his Earth Bending, Joun let his senses sink deep into the earth and he listened as tiny tremors traveled through the ground. He could not sense anything nearby, and that unsettled him. There was always something: the subtle thumping noise of a rabbit hopping, the groan of the earth as a bear lumbered by, or the light scratches of a wolf’s claws as it padded through the forest. But it seemed all of the animals had moved on.

Five miles away, the city of Ba Sing Se could no longer be seen through the thick forest, and even the small village only a mile away was hidden by massive tree trunks. It was darker here in the depths of the forest, even though the noon-day sun shone brightly overhead, and only a few thin rays of sunlight pierced through the dense treetops.

The villagers had been the ones to send to the city for help: at night strange noises had been coming from the cave, and the villagers were afraid that either a pack of animals had moved in, or that some exotic animal dealer was using the place as a base of operations to train dangerous animals.

They had a right to be concerned. There were many animals that were illegal to train in the Earth Kingdom due to their extremely dangerous nature, and often such dangerous animals were being trained for animal fighting arenas. It was an illegal sport that often ended with the trained beasts escaping and wrecking havoc. Several months ago a giant Leaf Snake had escaped from a ring, and had bitten and poisoned three people before it could be recaptured.

Taking a deep breath, Joun Yung began to crawl towards the cave’s mouth. Beneath him, the ground seemed to soften so that his feet made only the quietest of scraping noises, and he barely disturbed the carpet of fallen leaves and twigs. He had been serving the Wall Guard of Ba Sing Se as a scout for seventeen years, and knew how to use his Earth Bending to be stealthy.

Reaching the wide mouth of the cave, Joun hesitantly tapped his fingers against the rocky ground, using his Bending to sense how far the vibrations would carry. They didn’t go far, and it occurred to Joun that this place was an excellent hideout for anyone trying to conceal large animals. The earth was loose and sandy enough that most Earth Benders would have to be fairly close before they could feel any movement through their earth senses.

Joun almost turned back to the city to ask for reinforcements before exploring the cave. It was well known that the cave, an old copper mine whose major veins had been cleared out years ago, was a labyrinth of tunnels and half-collapsed caverns. If there were animal trainers here, they would likely have set guards, and although Joun was a good fighter he didn’t like the odds of having someone sneak up on him.

Standing cautiously, Joun carefully considered his options. If he went back for help and it just turned out to be a pack of mangy Dirt Wolves howling at the moon, Joun would be a laughing stock. Some of the warriors liked to make fun of the scouts for so rarely engaging in direct combat, and this would be perfect ammunition for their jokes. On the other hand, if it turned out to be animal trainers, he was keenly aware of the dangers of fighting in such enclosed spaces, particularly against another Bender. The danger was even greater if it happened to be another Earth Bender. It wasn’t unheard of for two dueling Earth Benders to accidentally bring down a cave around their own heads by shifting too much earth away from vital support areas.

After a moment’s debate, pride won out, and Joun entered the cave, deciding that he would just have to be extra careful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No hunting cries filled the air that night, and Joun Yung did not return from the cave.

Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice

HP
Normal Normal:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am

Outside of Ba Sing Se, Sojun was practicing his firebending. He was trying to perfect this one technique he was working on. The Dancing Dragon was not as easy to perform as he though. Kuzu showed him the technique stance by stance but Sojun kept slipping up at this one part. Out of frustration Sojun launched a large fire ball up into the air and kicked it towards a tree. "HEY! DON'T!" yelled a voice.

Outside the city Sojun was leaning against a tree trunk next to his dragon friend Kuzu. Sojun was ready to leave this area of the Earth Kingdom after his training but he was stopped, by a person he had helped while staying here. Sojun and Kuzu helped him with his Saber-Tooth Moose Lion problem, and now apparently he had some information that would interest Sojun. He was acquainted with a captain who was looking for some 'capable' hands.

Sojun stroked Kuzu's furry wolf like head as Kuzu began to 'speak' with his usual head gestures and whisker motions, "Are...you...sure this...is a good idea." Sojun smiled warmly as he nodded, "Don't worry about me, but if I need you I'll send for you, that okay?" Kuzu let out a muffled growl showing that he understood. Sojun entered the city looking back at his dragon who watched him enter. Sojun could hear Kuzu soaring through the air and howling.

Sojun hesitantly approached the door. He had no idea what he was in for but he wasn't one to turn on adventure. There wasn't anybody special in the building, just what looked to be the captain and another person starring at the ground. Sojun walked up to the captain who wasn't facing him, "Uh...Hello. I'm here for the mission I've been contacted about." The Captain turned around swiftly and looked Sojun in the face, "Ah, I see. How old are you young man?" Sojun turned to the other guy slighty before responding, "I'm 18 sir. Doe that matter?" The Captain scowled before grinning, "I want experienced personnel on this mission, young man. However you look capable enough. The others of your team will be here shortly. The first of your companions is right here," he explained pointing to Ren. "...Team?" Sojun mumbled looking at Ren.

Sojun walked over to Ren and held out his hand, "Uhm...Hi. I'm Sojun." Sojun wasn't much of a talker or a team member except with Kzu but he wasn't unfamiliar with team work so he thought this could work. Hopefully this mission would go smoothly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Cave   

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Cave
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next